Saturday 5 March 2016

A New Painting Nears Completion







My art work space isn't much to look at. It is functional though. It's also the best I can do at this time. This is upstairs in the hunt camp I share with my husband. We managed to clear enough space at the foot of our bed to put up the easel I was given by another local artist. A cheap beat up folding chair completes the functional furnishings. Everything else in the picture is stuff that doesn't have another place. If you look close you might notice the studs and insulation through the vapour barrier.

The current project is sitting on the easel and should be completed within the week. It has been a great deal more difficult than most of my other projects. It looks good though and I'm quite pleased with it. I'm planning something smaller and simpler for my next canvas. I won't go into any further information on this project though until it is finished. Looking forward to finishing it and moving on.

Winter is coming to a close in this part of the world. We've been heating with wood all winter. Hard to control the indoor temperature but the price is right. I'm looking forward to the spring, when the weather is warmer and before the mosquitoes take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment