Wednesday 17 February 2016

Dunkerque Windmill

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/dunkerque-windmill-north-of-france-francine-heykoop.html
Dunkerque Windmill

After completing my painting “Versailles”, I was looking for something smaller and less complicated. I was still looking to paint something that would have some meaning to me in the way of family history. I settled on this windmill scene from northern France.

My mother's maiden name originated in the north of France so I felt this was fitting. My maiden name is French-Canadian. It no longer exists in France and may have originated in The Netherlands like my husband's. For that reason this is likely not the last windmill I will ever paint.

The original painting is available. The dimensions are 16 inches by 20 inches and it is acrylic on canvas. The asking price is $190 Canadian plus shipping. Please email me if you are interested. For prints and other products click on the image attached to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment