Saturday 13 February 2016

Japanese Girl

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/japanese-girl-francine-heykoop.html
Japanese Girl






Back in 1984, I began working with a private tutor in Farnham, Quebec. Madame Provencher painted in oils primarily, but at eighty years old her hands were beginning to shake and she was no longer able to paint with the precision she expected of herself. She began working more with watercolour and other mediums. I have very fond memories of the times she and I spent together developing me as an artist.

This picture is mixed medium, primarily charcoal and pencil, with the flower in her hair and the beads on her earring in white oil paint. She helped me create this in my first lessons and it is the oldest work in my collection. There is a companion picture done right after this that is not currently on the site. I know where it is and once we've uploaded and prepared the image it will be added. The second I did entirely by myself.

The original does exist but is not for sale. It is a memory of my tutor that means far too much to me personally. Prints and other products of course are available for sale through my Fine Art America account. To get there you only have to click on the image itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment